Makeup, Beauty, Life.

    Thursday 31 March 2016

    March Favourites

    March has been a great month for me, it was my birthday month and the clocks have gone forward in the UK making mornings brighter which means I can finally be a morning person again! So here are some products which have been my absolute gems this month!


    MAC Powder Blush in Melba. This is a very strange favourite for me because if you know me well enough you will know that I HATE wearing blusher. Having blusher on just reminds me of when I was 13 and over generously packing on those bright pink W7 blushers we all had (don't deny it because we all did!) and ever since I've always been a bronzer girl. However, as I mentioned in September I am on a makeup course and when I received my MAC kit there were two MAC blushers in it (Melba and Blushbaby) which obviously I have used but never on myself. I'm not sure what came over me but one day I reached for the Melba blush in my pro palette whilst doing my makeup and now I'm in love! Beware as it is very pigmented so use it sparingly but it looks great between bronzer and highlight on the cheeks. It's a matte blush so it looks natural and it is described as a soft coral-peach, perfect for the upcoming spring and summer! 

    MAC Strobe Cream. I love this product so much. I won't get carried away as I did mention it in my How To: Flawless Base post and my Highlight Collection post too. I use a small amount of Strobe Cream as a primer to make my skin glow through my foundation, usually I wear it alone however sometimes I do mix it with my primer. 

    L'oreal True Match Foundation. I am so late jumping on this bandwagon purely because I always find a foundation I like and stick to it for a long time. But whilst on my course a makeup artist came in to do a master class with us and she used this foundation on her model and it looked stunning! So obviously I had to buy it! I never thought I would say this about a drugstore foundation but I really really love it. The colour matches my fake tan perfectly, the coverage is great and I personally don't think it feels heavy on the skin. I just wish it lasted a little bit longer, it lasts well but as I'm coming to the end of a long day it is starting to come off on my chin area which is something which my MAC Studio Fix foundation wouldn't do but for half the price I think I can let it go. 

    MAC Lipstick in Myth. Back at it again with the MAC! You're all probably so bored of me talking about MAC now! But this has been my favourite lipstick this month so I can't not talk about it. Myth is a satin lipstick and it is described as a light neutral nude. I use MAC Stripdown lipliner all over my lip and then use this over the top and I'm good to go. 

    Left swatch is MAC Blush in Melba and right swatch is MAC lipstick in Myth.

    Those are my favourites for this month let me know what yours are in the comments! See you soon!

    Rebecca x



    Share:

    2 comments

    1. I've been enjoyinf MAC strobe cream to. I'm a huge for of the true match foundation - i agree its a great drugstore option. I've been loving the rimmel insta flawless primer. Its brilliant xx

      www.lpagebeauty.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It definitely is a great drugstore foundation! And I've heard thats popular!xx

        Delete

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    Blog Design Created by pipdig