Makeup, Beauty, Life.

    Thursday 21 April 2016

    The Beauty Lover Tag

    Last week I was flicking through Bloglovin and came across Shoes and Glitter's post doing the Beauty Lover Tag (click here to read hers) and I loved it. I've never done anything like this before on my blog so I thought it'd be good to do something different and i'm super excited to be doing it.




    If you could have anyone in the world do your makeup, who would it be?
    Definitely 100% hands down Karen Gonzalez (iluvsarahii on instagram, click here). I have been following her for a very long time on instagram and I don't think I've ever seen her do a makeup look that wasn't anything less than flawless. She is definitely my biggest makeup inspiration and if I could let anyone beat my face it would be her. 

    What is your top makeup tip?
    My top makeup tip is to apply a concealer or eyeshadow primer all over the lid and setting it with a cream eyeshadow before you start applying any eyeshadow. This step prevents creasing and also creates a light base which I feel like makes the eyeshadows you use after this step more true to their colour. My favourite eyeshadow primer is the Benefit Stay Don't Stray. 

    What one skincare item could you not live without?
    The skincare item that I couldn't live without is definitely moisturiser. For me there's nothing more satisfying than applying a rich moisturiser after taking your makeup off, and waking up the next day with plump well moisturised skin. 

    What are you worst at when it comes to applying makeup?
    Winged eyeliner for sure. I can do it but it either goes fierce or turns into a hot mess. I don't tend to do winged eyeliner that often on a day to day basis because it takes some time to make it right for my eye shape which is probably why I find it difficult sometimes. 

    What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to beauty?
    My biggest pet peeve when it comes to beauty as a whole is when people ask why you're wearing so much makeup. If you want to do a full face of makeup just to take a ten minute walk to the shop to buy yourself some chocolate then no one should question it. If you're on holiday and you want to wear makeup on the beach, then you do it! It's all about being comfortable and confident and for me I can go to college in no makeup and I can go in a full face and feel fine both ways. There's nothing okay with questioning someone why or why not they're wearing makeup. 

    What is your favourite makeup era?
    Being slightly biased I would say that now is my favourite makeup era, I love looking back on the different eras and how they've changed over the years to create what is todays era. In this era we have so many new products readily available to us and different ways of doing makeup. 5 years ago contour kits and highlighters weren't as popular as they are now, I don't even think liquid lipsticks were even heard of! When there is a new trend, brands just jump on the bandwagon so quickly and I think it's a good thing to have different brands creating the same product but in their own way. 

    What is your guilty pleasure product?
    My guilty pleasure product is my Dior Addict Collagen Activ Lip Maximiser. For a lipgloss £23.50 can be a bit steep, but I'm not even phased because this is my favourite lipgloss ever and I think it's worth every single penny.

    What is your underdog product?
    My underdog product is the Maybelline Eraser Eye concealer. For a drug store concealer, this one delivers. It's a full coverage concealer but its not sticky, cakey or heavy which can be difficult to find especially when you're using the concealer under your eyes the last thing you want it to look is cakey.

    What is your favourite makeup product of 2015?
    This question confused me slightly as it's 2016 now and I didn't know whether this question was for 2015 or it hadn't been updated but I'll answer it anyways. My favourite product of 2015 was my Nars Bronzer in the shade Laguna. I purchased this in summer last year and I loved how it was warmer than the bronzer I was using before hand, it's still one of my favourite bronzers today.
    Share:

    3 comments

    1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. sally beauty

      ReplyDelete
    2. I am hoping the same best effort from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing skills has inspired me.
      city news

      ReplyDelete
    3. On my website you'll see similar texts, write what you think. Beauty

      ReplyDelete

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    Blog Design Created by pipdig